Wednesday, January 30, 2008

currently listening to

God, I'm totally neglecting this blog. So, a quick one:



I've never been hugely into Natasha Bedingfield - I find her a little abrasive, some might say - but this is by far my favourite song at the moment. I love the lilting beat, the background harmonies and the lyrics are cute without being cutesy. Not so sure about the Sean Kingston interlude and some of the altered-sounding vocals, but those are minor hiccups. This is pretty close to pop perfection.

Also listening to:

In Love With A Girl - Gavin DeGraw

The chord structure is very much I Don't Wanna Be part 2, and the lyrics are a little reminiscent of something Pat Monahan (Train) might deliver, but for all that, it works. The upcoming album is to be self-titled, according to Billboard. Not sure if that's a bleak sign.

No comments: